Student visa

This visa is for international students who want to study English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS) in Australia. This includes:

  • courses that lead to a certificate I, II, III or IV
  • courses that result in no formal Australian award.
If you are studying ELICOS as a pre-requisite to another course, you must apply for the visa appropriate to your main course of study. If you are studying several courses, the main course is the higher level course.

Click here for more information about the Student Visa.

Visitor visa

The Visitor visa (subclass 600) lets you visit Australia for tourism or business visitor activities.

Click here for more information about the Visitor Visa.

Working Holiday visa

The Working Holiday visa (subclass 417) is a temporary visa for young people who want to holiday and work in Australia for up to a year. It is a temporary visa that encourages cultural exchange and closer ties between Australia and eligible countries.

Click here for more information about the Working Holiday Visa.

Other visa types

Other visa types

Click here to see the full list of Australian Visas