English Placement Test
We have integrated the BOPT with our Needs Analysis Tool to provide all the assistance that you need with your course selection process.
If you want to take the BOPT to know what your current English level is or you have been requested to take it by BROWNS as part of your enrolment process, please follow these steps.
- Go to the Needs Analysis Tool page (click here)
- Enter the information required. The information you enter will be used as your login details so make sure you enter the information correctly.
- You will be sent an email with an activation link. Click on the link to validate your email in order to access the online test.
- After clicking on the confirmation link, you will be redirected back to the Needs Analysis Tool.
- Now you can take the test. Click the option “No, I need to take the BROWNS English test” that you find in the section “Your English Level”.
- Click the button “START THE TEST NOW”.
- After finishing the test, you will see what your English level is based on the results.
Note: If BROWNS requested you to take the test, we encourage you to contact the BROWNS staff that you are in contact with to confirm that you have finished the test.
Paper-based testing is on the way out. Online testing is faster, more efficient, uses fewer resources and is more environmentally friendly.
You can take the test from a tablet or mobile device. This means anywhere, anytime.
The BOPT has three sections: Grammar, Vocabulary and Reading.
Results in Real-Time
Get your level straight away after finishing the test.
You don’t need to wait for BROWNS to set up the test for you. You have full control of the process.