Add a 12 week BROWNS Demi Pair experience to your English language program.
Duration: 12 weeks Demi Pair program (minimum 10 weeks English course at BROWNS)
Start Dates: Any point during your studies at BROWNS
Requirements: Minimum pre-intermediate level of English, along with submission of a Demi Pair Application Form, police clearance from country of origin, Blue Card application form, resume and photo.
Why Demi Pair?
- Experience the wonderful Australian way-of-life
- Opportunity to improve your English skills
- Help busy families with housekeeping and/or child minding
- Save the expense of accommodation and living costs
- As a Demi pair you will work as a part-time, live-in housekeeper while attending English lessons at BROWNS during the day
- Your host family will provide you with 12 weeks accommodation in a private room, 3 meals per day, and free time on weekends.
- You will be required to work 20 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
- Our Demi Pair Manager will give you an orientation on arrival, telephone contact every week and support whenever necessary.
- Program includes Airport pick-up, drop off and an Australian blue-card application.
- Your application must be made at least 10 weeks prior to commencement at BROWNS and may be approved following a Skype interview.
Sample English course timetable
|7.00 – 9.00||Morning duties|
|8.50 – 9.50||CORE class
|CORE class||CORE class||CORE class||CORE class|
|10.00 – 11.00||CORE class
|11.10 – 12.10||Accelerate||Accelerate||Accelerate||Accelerate||Accelerate|
|13.10 – 14.10||CORE class
Vocabulary & Reading
Listening & Speaking
|14.20 – 15.20||Active8
|19.00 – 21.00||Evening duties|