- Paid housekeeping roles in the Commonwealth Games Athletes Village
- Earn AUD$22.86 per hour during rostered shifts over March-April 2018
- Free public transport (Gold Coast & Brisbane)
- Free meal provided each working shift
- Full online induction and on-site orientation provided
- Experience the magic of the 2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games
BROWNS is partnering exclusively with Incognitus, an official supplier of the 2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games to provide short-term paid jobs to BROWNS students in March and April 2018.
Roles involve housekeeping duties in the Athletes Village throughout the games, with majority of shifts available between 7am - 3pm, up to 6 days a week from 19 March until 20 April 2018 paid at a minimum rate of AUD$22.86 per hour*. There may be an opportunity to extend up to 7 days a week with up to 12 hours per day. 24/7 operational shifts allow the option for students to do afternoon/night shifts. Some shifts will be available as early as 26th of Feb and as late as the 30th of April.
Successful candidates may expect the following^:
Course and Structured Break Duration
Students will need to enrol and pay for at least 8 weeks at BROWNS English Language School to qualify for this opportunity. Your booking with BROWNS must commence on or before 5 March 2018 and include a 3-7 week break within the employment opportunity dates.
- These special "Job Opportunities in Queensland" are available for 250 BROWNS students for a limited time and is only available for new applications received after 12/10/17. Any applications received before this date will not be eligible for this "Job Opportunities in Queensland".
- 18 years or older
- Working Holiday or Work & Holiday visa
- Enrol at BROWNS for minimum 8 weeks
- Must commence studies at BROWNS Gold Coast or Brisbane campus at least 1 week prior to employment commencement date however no later than 5 March 2018
- Must successfully pass security and interview process
- Application must be submitted via myBROWNS
Student visa holders, please contact us to check your eligibility and to register your interest in this opportunity.
Indicative Timeline Structure:
|16 October 2017 - 5 March 2018||Commence studies at BROWNS English Language School|
|13 December 2017||Final date to submit application via my.browns.edu.au|
|January 2018||Interview process will begin which will determine which students were successful and receive the opportunity for paid work during the Commonwealth Games|
|February 2018||Work rosters will be provided to successful candidates|
|February/March 2018||Online Induction and onsite Orientation finalised between Incognitus and students|
|19 March 2018||Employment commences|
|20 April 2018||Employment finalises|
Complete an online application through myBROWNS and express your interest during the application procedure through my.browns.edu.au
This program is run exclusively in partnership between BROWNS and Incognitus, an official supplier of the Commonwealth Games.
*Incognitus and BROWNS cannot guarantee any minimum work hours for this opportunity. Apply at your own discretion.