The Ultimate Australian Road Trip
Over the next month, our Intensive General English (Advanced level) BROWNS students are going to provide fun facts, popular places and places to stay in Queensland, New South Wales & ACT, Victoria, Tasmania, South Australia, Western Australia & the Northern Territory.
Along with this, our Intensive General English (Intermediate level) BROWNS class have researched a few great road trips that we will also be sharing with you.
A FEW IMPORTANT POINTS FIRST:
- Make sure you have a valid drivers licence with an English translation on it.
- If your licence doesn’t have an English translation, get an International drivers licence. It may vary between the different states.
- Speed limits: 10 to 110 km/h (130 km/h only in Northern Territory).
- You must present your licence and your passport or ID card if you are stopped by police.
- If you need more information go to the Australian Government website: https://www.australia.gov.au/
- Note that at most rental companies you have to be 18 years, 21 years, 25 years or over
- There are a lot of different rental companies. See below for websites:
- If you need help while planning a road trip, we recommend this awesome website www.roadtrippers.com
Written by Anna, Diego, Enrica & Camilo – Intensive General English (Advanced level) students.
- Road trip from Brisbane to Uluru
- Road trip from Gold Coast, Sydney, Melbourne, Uluru
- New South Wales & ACT
- Road trip from Sydney to Cairns
- Road trip from the Gold Coast to Byron Bay, Sydney and then Melbourne
- Road trip from Melbourne to Sydney, Gold Coast and then Cairns
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Western Australia
- Road trip from Perth
*This article was written by students and should be used as a guide only. If you have any questions about travelling around Australia, we recommend you contact Backpackers World Travel.
Latest posts by Chanel Wells (see all)
- Primary School Preparation Aboriginal Dot Painting - February 13, 2019
- Barista in Australia – Student Testimonial - November 14, 2018
- Celebrating 15 years of BROWNS English Language School - September 20, 2018