Intensive General English Themed Active8
(CRICOS Course Code:076222B)
Your study outcomes will soon determine your Intensive General English Active8 subjects with our new Themed Active8 lessons.
- Only Active8 classes will be changing (afternoon skills classes)
- From July 2018 we will be introducing Themed Active8 lessons
- When new students arrive at BROWNS on their first day, a personalised study plan will allow them to be placed in one of or even a mix of the following Themed Active8 classes*:
- AUSSIE (available for all English levels) – focuses on Australian culture, everyday communication including local excursions
- ACADEMIC (available for Pre-Intermediate and Intermediate) – taster for full courses
- BUSINESS/HOSPITALITY (Available for Upper Intermediate and Advanced) – focuses on language and soft skills for workforce in Australia and globally.
- Functional will be moved to Monday afternoon and Pronunciation will be Thursday afternoon
* Stream is subject to availability and capacity.
What’s staying the same?
- CORE/Morning classes will remain the same. Morning classes use a textbook and build your CORE skills.
- Students are placed into different Active8 classes depending on their level for each skill (see sample timetable)
- IGE students will be placed onto one of our three Schedules
Juan arrives at BROWNS and takes the BROWNS Online Placement Test.
Here are his results:
|ACTIVE8 Skills Class||English Proficiency|
|Vocabulary & Reading||Pre-Intermediate|
|Listening & Speaking||Intermediate|
We don’t want to place Juan in Intermediate for all his classes therefore in the afternoon Juan will go into a different class according to his level.
For each of these skills classes, Juan can choose an Active8 Theme.
– For his Pre-Intermediate classes he can choose from Aussie or Academic*
– For his Intermediate classes he can choose from Aussie or Academic*
– For his Upper-Intermediate classes he can choose from Aussie or Business/Hospitality*