As usual, lots of new students joined us in the junior program.
In morning classes, we learned about:
- Social etiquette & customs in Australia
- Dangerous animals in Australia (body parts / coverings / habitats / diet )
- Daily routines & the Present Simple Tense
- Shopping vocabulary & functional language
- Groceries & containers – countable & uncountable nouns
The afternoons were loads of fun:
- Monday we went to the cinema & saw “Finding Dory”
- Tuesday some reptiles came to school. We learned a lot about them & had the opportunity to hold them for photos.
- Wednesday we visited a local high school – Helensvale State High School. We were welcomed with a sausage sizzle & some Aussie students showed us around the campus.
- Thursday we went shopping at HARBOURTOWN. Everybody loved that.
- Friday we had a BBQ at the Broadwater parklands near the sea & played on the playground equipment.
- Friday afternoon is also happy & sad as we say goodbye to students going home.